Warren Buffett's first rule of thumb is;
- "don't lose money' and rule two says
- "remember rule one"
Of course me being a shameless copycat investor would tell you that the top five traits of a good investment manager must be to;
- Protect capital from permanent loss as the steward
- Increase shareholder value over the holding period, whatever the term
- Acquire asset class with sustainable competitive advantage
- Compound return on asset with every capital deployment opportunity, and finally
- Search for the diamonds in the rough and shoot the slow moving elephant businesses
Video link: Elephant kill
This is a simple checklist of traits to look for in a good investment manager, you can be as good yourself with the right discipline and investment attitude.
Like and share with ten of your friends.
Feel free to ask question and make comment