Certainly not PhD maths for investing formula = (x+a)^n = ∑_(k=0)^n〖(n¦k) x^k a^(n-k)
The real investing formula lies in;
- Recognizing the value of an investment opportunity and paying less than it's worth for it
- Applying basic maths i.e addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Being patient for that investment opportunity to show up at the right price
- Safe guarding against permanent loss of capital (margin of safety) +Seth Klarman
- Understanding what you are investing in
- Keeping the investment approach real simple
- Accepting that you will make mistakes.
Seth Klarman on Margin of Safety
- Focus InSight: Keep it simple
Like and share with ten of your friends.
Feel free to ask questions and make comments.