Peter Thiel in his book Zero to One wrote about the principle of moving an idea from zero to being number one in a space. He went on further to encourage that the investor avert becoming disruptive when entering a business space, but rather try to create a difference and strive to become a monopoly.
There is only one Berkshire Hathaway and indeed only one Warren Buffett, only one Apple, and only Microsoft.
- Be a monopoly (the only one your investment space)
- Being non competitive is an advantage (market disruption is not necessarily a good thing)
- Bolt on useful ideas to complete your own (reference what works)
- Bring different talent to bear on your efforts (check your ideas)
- Beware of the known risk and provide for it (caveat emptor)
Like and share with ten of your friends.
Feel free to ask question and make comments.